- Long term absentees Gary Caldwell, Ali Al Habsi and Ivan Ramis miss out, yet news of Ivan is that he is back in light training with the team this week.
- Thomas Rogne could make his debut for the side, the player looks set to be passed fit ahead of the game.
- Callum McManaman will sit out the game for his second game of a three match suspension.
- Owen Coyle as a headache over who he starts up front with Marc Antoine Fortune's impressive second half performance against Doncaster Rovers in midweek.
- The same could also be said for winger Jean Beausejour.
- Only two injury worries for Tony Mowbray.
- Jason Steele is 50-50 and will be assessed ahead of the game regarding a foot injury, there have been no clues as to which way it will go.
- Seb Hines misses out after a Knee operation over the summer.
Possible Line Up's
Wigan: Carson, Crainey, Barnet, Perch, Boyce, Beausejour, McArthur, McCarthy, Maloney, Fortune, Holt.
Middlesbrough: Leutwiler , Richardson, Williams, Woodgate, Friend , Adomah, Varga, Whitehead, Leadbitter, Carayol, Jutkiewicz